Youth of Today – Leaders of Tomorrow
The first week in May is Elks Grand Lodge Youth Appreciation Week. Thousand Oaks Elks Lodge #2477 holds it annual Youth Appreciation Ceremony honoring Americanism Essay Winners.
Americanism Essay Contest
A program of the Elks’ Grand Lodge Fraternal Committee, this contest is geared towards students in 5th through 8th grades to promote patriotism among young people.
“What I Can Do to Promote Americanism and Love of Country”
Use this as the core theme of your essay.
- Eligible participants must be Students enrolled in the 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th grade at the time of the contest.
- Essay length is not to exceed 300 words.
- Essay must be typed or legibly printed in ink. Also, Essay must be submitted as written (or typed) by the entrant.
- Essay must be submitted for judging to the Elks Lodge nearest to the address of the entrant.
- Participant must be identified by name, grade, school attending and sponsoring Elks Lodge on the Essay.
Plaques awarded by the Grand Lodge for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place for national winning essays in Division I and Division II. Plaques will be sent to the respective State Associations for presentation to the winning Local Lodges.